Thursday, November 27, 2008

Indiana Jones & Young and the Restless...


Yelling Girl can hum these two songs...being she is only 3 years old I am impressed! Now her knowing these songs is another thing...
I am a stay at home mom and everyday at 2pm I watch Young and the Restless...her brothers come home from school and play Lego Indiana Jones, no fear she is not watching the movies... she does watch Y&R with me though...hey I have watched since I was 3, and I turned out alright...ish...
Funny she gets mad at me when I sing the Barney song to her, but ask her to sing Indian Jones and she is all over it...

I am so proud of my middle boy...he is being featured in our local weekly newspaper next week. I will post the article so you can all see how great my child is. Ok so I nominated him to be featured, but he is the sweetest child I have ever come across. I am not sure if I mentioned his brother has Asperger Syndrom, but while my middle boy was in Gymnastics class, there was an Autistic boy in the class...at the end of the first class his teacher came to me and said..."I had the kids pair up and your son picked this boy because he said he is used to it and it may be hard for the other kids"
To me that said he knew that other boy might have problems and he could help him and maybe the other kids might not know what to do. He gives me a lump in my throat nearly every day...I love that boy!

So this weekend is fast coming and I am in such a crunch for time I could hide in a hole and cry...Friday I am having dinner with my brother...I am so excited to do this. I was 14 years old when he was born, and we have different moms, so I really barely know him...He is a very special guy...you know the people who have a glow, that you know will be something HUGE when they are done and ready for it...he has it. I have never met anyone so smart, so articulate he is something special and he is my brother!
Saturday I am driving with 3 kids for 2 hours to see family...then drive 2 hours to come home...it will be a long day...but I am sure it will be fun. Yelling Girl loves road trips, and we are taking Owen, (my puppy) with us. It should be entertaining...if not there is always martinis when I get home, and the kids are asleep.

Sunday I have to get my butt in gear and make some items for the craft fair next weekend...I am about 1/2 way ready...I am so easily distracted. I need to do it and do it BIG...I know this craft fair will be great for me. I have seen several commercials on TV for it, that is big right? Yep...I need to get going and plug in the glue gun and warm up the sewing machine. Off I go...thanks for reading...TTYL


4 comments:

jozie said...

I wish more kids were like your middle son. Volunteering to pair up with a challenged child is a sweet thing to do. I hope you tell him that even people who have never met him think he's wonderful for helping others.

Kim Caro said...

your kids are wonderful :)

Christie Cottage said...

Gerat read. Your kids are adorable!


I found you on etsy, That's where
you can find me too!
christiecottage.etsy.com

Steve Javiel said...

Those are great