Monday, January 5, 2009

TIRAMISU ON THE BRAIN


TIRAMISU...desert of the Gods...I love it, I make it, I want more...



MAKE YOUR OWN YOU CAN'T HAVE MINE!!! grrrr...(wraps arms around bowl)


It looks complicated, but totally NOT!

Ingredients
250g mascarpone cheese
250g cream cheese (room temp)
125ml (1/2 cup)whipping cream (unwhipped)
4 eggs
500g lady fingers (usually is about 2 packages)
2 cups of coffee (strong!!!)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup sugar (yes a second one)
3 tablespoons of brandy
cocoa for sprinkling

-make coffee and add first 1/3 of sugar and brandy to it, stir and put to the side in a flat bowl to dip the lady fingers in.

-in a small bowl beat egg WHITES until they start to foam and slowly add in the second sugar...mix until egg whites make peaks.

-beat egg yolks in a large mixing bowl, add room temp cream cheese and mascarpone cheese...when all are mixed smooth add the whipping cream, beat well...slowly add in the egg white mixture, blend well but slowly.

-now you will built the tiramisu...I use a large flat bottomed bowl (it looks bigger and prettier)
take the lady fingers and dip then in the coffee and make a single layer on the bottom of your bowl, sprinkle liberally with the cocoa, pour about 1/3 of the cheese batter on top, spread evenly, make a second layer of coffee dipped cookies, cocoa and cheese batter, a third layer of cookies, cocoa and cheese batter and finish with another LIBERAL sprinkle of cocoa

cover bowl and refrigerate for 5-6 hours...I make it first thing in the morning so it gets to set longer, the longer it sits the better it tastes!


My 3 kids love it so don't worry about the brandy there is so little in it no one will know...

ENJOY!

***tweak this recipe to your own taste...have fun! I highly recommend having coffee with this.

I made an ETSY treasury about it...
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=30852


So the holidays went well, alot of my gifts came from ETSY, and my absolute FAVORITE came from MichellesCharmWorld .
All her items are unique, well made and way to much fun! She also has an awesome, informative, funny blog! click her name to see all mentioned!

Michelles Charm World



Not to much happening for me..I listed a boat load of new items, go check it out..buy a couple, tell your friends...
BUY 2 get 1 FREE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

esque said...

I love Tiramisu! My mom used to make it all the time! Me, I can't bake for the life of me, so you better share! LOL